Friday, November 20, 2009

A Life Update

So as pointed out by Chrissy, I have not written anything in a month! So here is a short update on my life working backwards.

This past weekend was a blast! Alyssa and Amy, two friends from Chapman, came to visit me. It was so nice to have two of my best friends in DC.
We got to go out a little, did some sight-seeing, took an amazing number of pictures, and laughed a lot! It was a good weekend for all of us! The weather was perfect! This is us at the WWII Memorial.















I learned that I have adapted to the cold weather! I didn't think it was cold out, while Alyssa (also from San Diego), told me that it was, in fact, cold. I am still not sure that I will survive the winter.

I am still working at the pizza restaurant. It has been very busy there since Obama mentioned the restaurant in a speech about small businesses. It makes it all the more fun at work. I really like the people I work with. I have been able to go out with one of the woman I work with. She took me to a place with live music in Adams Morgan. It is really nice to be making friends. I ran into an old friend on a bus a couple of weeks ago so that has been nice. I have also met a few customers at work and through some of these people. Unfortunately, I work mostly nights so it has made it difficult to make plans with people. I have also been invited to a few holiday parties, which is exciting!

I am heading to Boston next Wednesday for Thanksgiving. I am so excited to see my brother, Stephen, as well as the rest of the family. It is going to weird to not be with Anthony and my parents but I am happy to be able to see everyone else! I also bought my ticket home for Christmas. I will be home for a week so that will be really nice. When I get back I am going to Philly with another friend from Chapman and then we are going to go to New York City for New Year's Eve, where we will meet up with Craig and few others from Chapman. I am really excited for this!

While I continue the job search, I am taking advantage of being able to take time off from work. Financially, it may not make the most sense, but I am doing just fine there so 2 weeks off around Christmas will be just fine. I have a few leads for openings after the holiday season.

I have also started looking into teaching English abroad next year. I would love to go Africa, but Asian countries have more benefits so I will most likely go there. I am doing my research and looking at Thailand at the moment. =) Studying for the GRE has not been very successful lately, but I am going to set a schedule for myself.

I slipped twice last week calling DC "home" which I think is a good thing. I am feeling good about life!

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment