Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Long Awaited Update

It has been along time since I have last written. I was preparing a new blog post a few weeks ago, and then everything changes making it no longer relevant.

Life has been great. I have a new understanding of Spring and why people love this season so much. It is a reward for making it through the daunting and long winter. Winter can be discouraging at times, and I definitely had my challenges, but Spring. Spring made is worth it (almost). I already forgotten many of the issues with winter other than I didn't really like it very much.

With Spring came the famous DC Cherry Blossoms. That appeared one day and were beautiful. They fell off as quickly as they came but they were beautiful while they lasted. I have never seen as many tulips spread out across a city before. They turned up in the most random places and I couldn't help but take a picture almost every time.

Spring has brought thunderstorms and waves of hot weather followed by a week of cold! It consistently unpredictable.

Spring has also been the beginning of my job search. I decided to throw myself into the aupair search. I have had some fun really learning about so many different families and researching potential new cities to live in and places to visit. A few weeks ago, I was offered a job in Switzerland with a great family. They had everything an aupair could ask for. I signed the contract and began making plans! It was so exciting. It was exciting to have a plan. I was planning on going home for about a month to enjoy my family and friends before I left them for an entire year. I was dreaming about Amsterdam in the Spring for the tulips and Germany for Oktoberfest.

It was all coming together, until I learned that Switzerland was placing tight limits on the visas they were giving out. This was quite the curve ball. It was a heartbreaking phone call from the father. I have since been looking for away around this while beginning conversations with new families.

I am confident that I will find a family that is a good match, even if it takes a little longer. I am building a great network in DC and am loving every minute of it. I have a bunch of pictures that I will hopefully get to put up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment