Thursday, February 10, 2011

Halfway to Nowhere

I have reached my halfway mark. I have been working for 6 months and I have 6 more months to go! Things are going well really well! I have an awesome group of friends and some great travel plans coming up. I am heading out to the mountains for the next week with he family which sounds awful but I think I am ready to embrace a week of isolation with he family( but I will let you know next week how it actually goes!).

What are we going to do next? This question has infiltrated my fellow au pairs' and my regular conversations.  Most of us saw this as a way to travel, attempt to learn a language, and live abroad. (Oh yes and take care of other people's children?) But most of all, as a way to put off being a part of the regular grown-up workforce.  I tried the desk job in DC and it wasn't a great fit. So what's next?

As you have deducted from the title of my blog, I have no idea.  I don't think I am done living abroad but I would like to find a way to incorporate living abroad with actually doing something related to what I want to do professionally. I have also started having he grad school conversation with people again and I know I can't keep outing that off. I have some undergrad classes I need to take before I can apply. And there is the GMAT and GRE to study for. Needless to say it is all just a bit overwhelming.

So that has become an important aspect of deciding what to do next. I have looked into some volunteer abroad programs for the fall. Another opportunity has arisen with the family. They might move to Paris this summer and would love for me to stay. So I am now considering because as you know I fell in love with Paris! So if I stay I have told myself that I will take the classes I need online in he fall and then study I. The spring and apply to start grad school in he stall of 2013.

That is a two year plan with a lit of the plan missing, like he jobs and a but of reality missing by if here is one hint I can guarantee is hat I am having a blast right now and the 2year plan I just laid out will change 10 more times (at least)!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment