Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pictures!

Hello!!! Here's a little photo blog of my time in DC so far. Nothing really exciting but pictures are always fun! I will take pictures of my room/apartment soon too!





National Sculpture Garden fountain










This was the bus stop outside my
house in Maryland.















The Capitol Building on a beautiful day in the city!







-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




My day at the National Zoo was wonderful. Beautiful animals on a beautiful day!



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was able to show my Mom around on her first trip to D.C. This is the slightly blurry picture that I got of my parents in front of the White House as they were closing the road so someone important could get in!





-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


These are just a few pictures from my first march to the Capitol. It was truly an amazing day! I was one of hundreds of thousands of people marching for equality. Among the crowd was Lady GaGa, Cynthia Nixon, who gave an absolutely amazing and inspiring speech, Kristen Chenoweth, and my wonderful friend Craig.



Another one of the signs that was in this group of women said "Jesus had two Dads and he turned out ok." It was one of my favorites of the day. I was pleasantly surprised by the very few anti-equality protesters I saw throughout the day.


















We made it to the capitol after a 2 mile march around DC. There were many creative cheers and signs along the way. One of the cheers was 2, 4, 6, 8 Equality in every state!















That is a quick photo summary of my time in DC. I am still looking for jobs and have some networking opportunities this month. I am not sure if I have already said this but one woman I met in September told me that contacts and relationships is the currency of DC so that is what I am doing. I went to a coffee talk on Sunday evening with a group that is interested in international affairs and I met a few people there who had some good pointers.

Love you all and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment