Monday, October 5, 2009

New Housing, New Outlook

Hello Everyone! This one is going to be kind of short but here are a few updates on what is going on in DC.

I moved this weekend to the city. I found a place last week and made the decision to move. I am living with two women who also recently graduated from college. They went to Smith in Massachusetts. One is working for the State Department on the envoy for Middle Eastern Peace and the other is temping with a Law Firm. They are very sweet girls and I look forward to getting to know them better. This will be my new home until next September! I have my own room and basically my own bathroom. My room is huge and lacking furniture at the moment, but there is a mattress on the way! The kitchen is large and the living room came furnished which is really nice.

The neighborhood is also really nice. I went for a lovely run to the Farmer's Market and then walked to a grocery store. It was a perfect day. As I wandered I found lots of restaurants, shops, and a park. I am excited for the leaves to start changing because the walk is going to get even prettier.

It is really nice to have my housing squared away. I am going to be able to make this into a home for the next year and now I just need the job to go along with it!

I am excited for this month though! I have a few networking events with a non-profit group in the area. I am going to a coffee talk with an International Affairs group. I am going to have dinner with some relatives that I haven't seen in a long time and another few that I have only met through email. It is exciting to have plans and have the prospects of meeting new people and making new connections, both socially and (hopefully) career-wise.

I reached a lull and lacked some motivation for a little while and now I am getting excited again. I know that I can do this and it just takes time for things to come together and work out! There is just something about wandering around and looking up to see the Capitol building in the distance that is just a great feeling to have!

I hope all is well and I love you all! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I am DELIGHTED you are exploring some Farmer's Markets! They are the greatest! xoxox

    ReplyDelete