Saturday, January 8, 2011

Five Months - Putting in Perspective

After being back in Zurich for a couple of days after my epic 3 week holiday, I figured it was time to put it all in perspective. I have seen the family again but haven't quite started up the routine. Monday is just a day away though.  Sometimes I ask myself whether I can take on this job again? When the family and parted ways for three weeks, I was in need of a break.

It just get a little difficult when you often have the feeling of being walked all over and then the next second life in the house and with the family is great again. Then you wake up one morning to serve the children their breakfast and are asked in an demeaning way by a nine-year-old boy if you could boil the water for his oatmeal instead of microwave it next time. (I just about lost it..)

Then I think about how amazing my last 3 weeks were and how this job is a means to an end.  I am constantly learning so much about creating a family from an outsider's perspective.  More importantly, I spent the last 3 weeks getting paid to travel.  Again, the theme of my year "My life is not that difficult."

I am going to take these kids by storm and we are going to have so many more laughs, which will (hopefully) outweigh the frustration.  We had a great day on Friday and I think that we can keep it up! It does make it easier when Mama and Papa aren't around.  They are good kids and entertain me. Baby Gaga grew so much while she was away and is giggling up a storm now! Oh! How they grow up so fast! 

So it is time to start anew. I have 7 more months living and working in this environment.  I am going to start off the new year (not with resolutions I will forget in 10 days) with a new spirit and enthusiasm with the kids.  I have 7 more months of adding new cities to my list (and maybe revisiting some from the past).  I also really want to explore Zurich more.  I have gotten stuck going to the same places over and over again.  I am also going to start taking French seriously again.  It is going to become a bigger priority in my life.

So these aren't resolutions but I am ready to take on this new year with full force! 2011 will be conquered!

No comments:

Post a Comment