Thursday, April 14, 2011

8 Months - The Countdown to Home

I have decided to leave the family and come home. I mean that in every sense of the word. I am moving into my house with my parents. After months of conversations with friends, the family, my family etc. I made the decision that it was time for me to head home.  The family doesn't know anything about Paris and as far as I can tell it has fallen completely out of the conversation in the last two weeks. 

So now my count down has begun. I have a lot to accomplish before I leave but I have also a great year to look back on and it isn't even over yet! I am going to miss so much about this lifestyle (aka. little work and a lot of play). I have also started to understand how hard it is going to be to leave the family. I have my fair share of complaints but at the end of the day these kids have stolen my heart ten times over! To make it worse, G has begun to make it clear how sad she is that I am leaving and that "I should stay for forever with her."  

This begins the countdown. Summer is around the corner and I have several more trips to be planned before I head back to San Diego at the end of August. I am heading to Spain and Amsterdam this week, Paris (for real this time) in June, a few more places in Switzerland (including paragliding!), and possibly Scandinavia in August before heading home. My schedule is packed and I love it! I am hoping a weekend trip in May to Rome if I can make it work.  I will also be going to the South of France twice with the family not to mention actually enjoying Zurich for the summer! 


No comments:

Post a Comment