Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Andrew and the Capital

My friend Andrew from college arrived on Saturday around noon and it has been absolutely glorious to see him and bring him into my Swiss life! It is so great to be reminded of how true friendships don't change or feel awkward no matter how long it has been since you have seen each other. A year and half after seeing Andrew and we haven't skipped a beat since we met up at the airport!





We wandered around Zurich on Saturday and then he got to meet some of my friends that night. Sunday we took a day trip to Bern, the capital of Switzerland. As usual, it is always nice to get out of Zurich to explore a new place.  I enjoyed Bern a lot! It is another gorgeous and old Swiss city.  We went to the Kunsthaus Museum which I genuinely enjoyed.  There was a great mix of genres of art.  Bern translates to bear so they have four bears that live in an enclosure by the river.






It is still weird to not be home for the holidays. As much as I am surrounded by Christmas, it doesn't feel like Christmas because I am so far away from everything I am used to.  I got my family's gifts in the mail the other day and opened them while Skyping with my parents last night. I have also begun listening to Christmas music on overload to make up for the lack of baking and decorating! I am super excited for my out of the ordinary epic Christmas adventure!




No comments:

Post a Comment