Monday, October 11, 2010

Baby Aboard!

Baby Gaga was born a healthy little girl this afternoon. I have not met her but have seen pictures. She has a healthy head of black hair. Mama C and her will be at the hospital until Friday (not because anything is wrong but because we are in Switzerland where the baby hospital is like a hotel . G is off to Paris and P is at a day camp all week.  That means I too am off for a solo adventure to Italy!

I was with G all day today and while she is getting over being sick and was a bit moody all day (which is very unlike her), when Papa B called to tell her about her little sister she lit up! She was very excited and wanted to go meet her new sister immediately!

I distracted her for a bit. We played cards and then made a "Welcome Home" sign to hang in the house.

We have Mama C's Dad, sister, and Dad's wife-ish person are all visiting. It was a little odd being around today one they were all at the house and the baby was here.  I felt like I was watching a movie of an excited family but instead of watching from afar I was awkwardly standing there. Not sure what I was supposed to do.  They invited me to the hospital but I declined. I will meet her on Sunday when I get back from ITALY!!! (really excited!)

It is an exciting yet oddly normal day! That will of course immediately change on Monday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment