Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Baby in the House!

Baby Gaga in the house seems to have changed everything and nothing at all. The other kids love to hang out with her but also want attention for themselves as well. They have homework and activities to do! There have been sleepless nights for Mama C and Papa B.  My dungeon is lovely because I don't hear her a bit when I go to bed!

It took about a week and half before I held Baby Gaga.  I expected that I would fall in love with this little tiny thing the second I held her.  This, however, was not the case.  As you can see she is one of the cute infants which is lovely, but I didn't have that feeling of "I want one!"  that I semi-expected.

Instead, I kept with that terrified feeling that I was going to break the baby as I had joked about since I knew that I would be taking care of an infant. The first section of the Hyperbole and a Half blog said it all for me! Holding a baby

While Baby Gaga is pretty calm and doesn't cry too much, there is this fear that she is going to somehow break or that I am holding her wrong.  Is she drinking the bottle right? Is she getting too much air in her stomach? Is that her dirty diaper cry, nookie cry, or food cry? Is that bottle too hot? Is this the right water? Did I clean it right?  Too many mistakes can be made and my wonderful friend Nicole told me the other day "That is scary, those things will die in their sleep!"  (We all are great with kids!)  So while I have no actual fear that I am going to kill her (really good right?) it has been quite some time since I have been in the presence of a baby wearing diapers, nonetheless an infant.

While there is a large learning curve for me and I am slowly learning the ropes, there is still a fear that somehow I will mess this up. Mama C or Papa B are going to come home to see me and Baby Gaga freaking out because we don't know what to do with each other.

It is funny because as they both have told me Baby Gaga comes first, they have said it in different ways. Mama C says just don't worry about the other two as long as they aren't killing each other (at least I assume that last part is part of what she meant to say). Papa C says, they are old enough to start taking more responsibility if you need help with something. I.e. Set the table, put their own PJs under their pillows, etc. I will be invoking Papa C's strategy much more often!

Me and Lady Gaga hanging out! =) She's pretty cute but there is no way I will be popping one out for a VERY long time.



No comments:

Post a Comment