Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween - Zurich Style

Not everyone in Switzerland celebrates Halloween. It seems like families and neighborhoods pick and choose whether it is a holiday they wish to participate in. However, my friends and I thought it was still necessary to celebrate the wonderful holiday.

My Halloweens usually start off with high hopes for a creative and awesome costume, ultimately resulting in a las minute attempt to pull anything together. This year was no different. After several brainstorming sessions with friends, attempting to steal previous friends' costumes, and then a few shopping trips, it was Saturday afternoon and we still had nothing.  Tired and ready to commit to anything Whitney, Rachel, and I spot some bright pink antennae in Claire's combined with matching bright pink leg warmers.  The costume suggestion was Love bugs and we were sold (since we were going out in less than 5 hours.

We bought some construction paper and heart shaped post-in notes and were set with the best costume ever! Or at least one we could laugh about all night. As it turns out, tape doesn't hold poster board to your clothes so our hearts fell off continuously all night! Whitney and I were able to spot our trail from Rachel's apartment to the train station this morning.


Our other friends chose to be the 4 members of Kiss. I must say they looked pretty amazing. Unfortunately, the (kind of lame) party we ended up at did not recognize them for their amazing effort and accuracy during the costume contest. While we walked the streets in costume, we stood out as Swiss people do not celebrate the great holiday.



It was another Halloween filled with a mediocre costume but tons of laughs! I spend today (actual Halloween) watching the The Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear that took place in Washington DC on Saturday. I am extremely sad I couldn't be there as Jon Stewart is one my favorite people. As a result of being a little sad I was watching the rally after the fact online AND it was Halloween, I ate a bit too much chocolate and feel like a five year old who couldn't control my desire for immense amounts of candy! =)


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment