Tuesday, August 17, 2010

First Day with the Kids!!

Translation: Dear Michelle,
Welcome to my country and
my house.
Gabrielle



I met Paul and Gabrielle this morning! It was very exciting and about 12 hours later also exhausting.  They are extremely sweet kids. They adapted so quickly to me. They are very loving and constantly hugging or jumping on top of me or each other. We played a few card games and a board game, restaurant, and cut up and colored snowflakes.  I think that the weather outside (about 50 degrees and raining confused us on what season it is!).  I LOVE that my job includes coloring! It was a fun day and I am excited for tomorrow! 

There are a lot of things to learn about the routine and habits within the household so there is constantly new information being thrown out there but I am hoping I will get it down quickly. I will be learning the rules of the roads in Switzerland this weekend and shown where the kids go to swimming and other activities. 

The mother speaks French to the children so I am hoping that will help me pick up the language as the year continues. 

Love and miss you!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment