Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Thalwil

I am sitting in my new bedroom in the canton of Thalwil, which is just a few kilometers outside of Zurich.  I got a driving tour of both areas last night when Bruce (my house dad) picked me up from the airport. The city looks small but very clean as everyone said. Zurich has a big lake that extends out into the villages nearby. There are also 2 rivers that flow out of the lake through the city.

Thalwil is very quaint. There is a big park within walking distance. I hope to explore it later today. There are some cute shops and a Starbucks which I am told is where expats hang out often. I am looking forward to exploring everything in the next couple of days.

The previous aupair left me a few numbers to call so I will call them later today and hopefully meet up with them this week as well. There is a huge street fair on Saturday which I am told I have to go to! The whole family will be out of town this weekend so I have a lot of time to myself, which should be interesting.  I will meet them on Sunday night and then we have Monday and Tuesday to play and get to know each other and they start school on Wednesday!

I will take and post some pictures later today but now I am going to try to go back to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment