Sunday, August 15, 2010

My First Weekend

My host-father left for the weekend to meet up with the rest of the family so I have been left on my own for the weekend.  One of the previous aupair's friend's took me around Zurich on Friday . We ate kabobs by the river.  She showed me where the aupairs meet on Wednesdays so I will go to that next week and hopefully meet some people.  There are lots of little streets and cobblestone walkways with shops (pictures to come next time I go into the city).

Saturday was Zurich's Street Parade. It is one of the largest Street Parades in the world. Even though the forecast was rain they estimated about 600,000 people would be on the streets from 1pm-midnight. I met up with the girl from Friday and a few of her friends. It was pretty epic! There were thousands of people and "Love Mobiles" with different music and themes. In addition, there were a bunch of stationary stages throughout with other DJs.  People were dressed up in all sorts of costumes.  The group of people I went with did an 80s work out theme.

There are a couple of pictures below but they aren't very good but you can see a couple of the Love Mobiles and then the immense amount of people.

The family's road trip back from France started late so it looks like I will be meeting them in the morning!

Best described as the jungle gym 15 years later. 







No comments:

Post a Comment